Are you the parent of a child with an intellectual disability? Do you wonder what life will look like after high school? As you consider your child’s options, we hope a college education will be among them.
Students with intellectual disabilities attending inclusive college programs are a growing population. Six of Pennsylvania’s state universities now have programs for students with intellectual disabilities:
- Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh
- Millersville University, 40 Dilworth Road, Millersville
- Slippery Rock University, 1 Morrow Way, Slippery Rock
- Lock Haven University, 401 N. Fairview Street, Lock Haven
- West Chester University, 700 S High Street, West Chester
- East Stroudsburg University, 200 Prospect Street, East Stroudsburg
The Pennsylvania Inclusive Higher Education Consortium (PIHEC) boasts a total of 31 PA colleges and universities.
As one of Pennsylvania’s largest providers of services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, we created the Planning for College with Achieva Initiative to provide information, resources and technical assistance to college-bound students and families.
Please review the following documents. If you need additional guidance, please contact Karen Oosterhous at 412.995.5000 x606 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Achieva looks forward to helping your child prepare for college!