Decision-Making for Adults with Disabilities
Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 1 - 2 p.m
- Kelly Darr, Legal Director at Disability Rights Pennsylvania
- David Gates, Senior Attorney, Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Nancy Murray, Senior Vice President of Achieva & President, The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh
Control over your finances involves making many decisions - for example, when you buy a car, choose an apartment, or negotiate a salary. But you don't have to make those decisions by yourself - in fact, many of us use a network of support, including family, friends, and trusted advisors. In this webinar, we'll discuss the differences among supported decision-making, representative payee, guardianship, and powers of attorney.
Attendees will learn:
- Different ways people with disabilities can get help in decision-making about health care and money;
- How to incorporate supported decision-making;
- Ways to self-advocate for the control in decisions you want and need; and
- Practical next steps and resources for help.