The Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council (PA SILC), in partnership with the network of Centers for Independent Living (CILs) and the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) are providing forums to hear directly from you about what your life experiences are as Pennsylvanians with disabilities.
The purpose of the forums is to hear directly from peers on their needs to live independently in the community. Your comments will provide the substance used in the development of the next three-year State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) as well as guide future advocacy and legislative efforts.
For accommodations at any of the forums, please call the SILC office at 717.364.1732. Accommodations not guaranteed if not requested at least two weeks in advance.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Abilities in Motion (AIM), 210 North Fifth Street, Reading PA 19601
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. CIL of Central PA, 207 House Avenue, Conference Room 107-B, Camp Hill PA 17011
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. CIL of South Central PA, 3013 Beale Avenue, Suite B102, Altoona PA 16601
- Friday, November 15, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Disability Options Network (DON) at ACHIEVA, 711 Bingham Street, Pittsburgh (South Side) PA 15203
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. MyCIL NorthEast PA CIL, 1142 Sanderson Venue, Scranton PA 18509
- Monday, November 25, 2019 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Voices for Independence at Clarion University, 840 Wood Street, Suites on Main North, Clarion PA 16214
You can submit your comments through December 31, 2019:
By mail: PA SILC | 207 House Avenue Suite 107 | Camp Hill, PA 17011
Telephone: 717.364.1732 | Fax: 717.236.8800
Facebook: PA Statewide Independent Living Council